Flash by Barbara Morgenroth


Morgenroth captured me from the beginning with this one.  The interactions within the story were complex and well developed.  I even found myself curiously drawn into the world created by Hollywood. 
I love how Kip grows and develops before our eyes and how she shares her view of life from alternating angles much like the precious natural lighting she uses in her photos.  The way she sees the world shifts and while nothing is different about her past, she can now see her future with fresh eyes.


This is an inspiring story that is well told.  I have enjoyed several books that I’ve had the privilege to read in the past few months, but FLASH is one that I truly hated to put down.  I am eager to dive into the next book in this series and I hope there are more to come.  There are many questions raised and I can’t wait to find out how it all works out.

This story encompasses many slants.  There is the obvious struggle in the family dynamics, but even this isn’t as simple as you may think.  I desperately hope for more clues about the infamous scandal Kip investigates as well as the developments between Kip and Alex.  I’m glad that Morgenroth has not chosen to push their relationship.  The characters are as compelling and complex as real life and that makes it more exciting to find out what twist will pop up next and what trouble Kip will stumble into next.

No comments:

Post a Comment